Iceworld Skate School (Term 3 2020 Update)
We are excited to be able to welcome back some of our Iceworld Skate School members during Stage 3- COVID-19 Restrictions. Unfortunately, we cannot welcome everyone back but hopefully, we will see all of our members as restrictions continue to ease.
Term 3 will run for 8wks, from the 20th July through to 12th September, but each student will only be charged for 6wks. This will make up for two weeks of lessons not received for Term 1, due to the sudden rink closure on March 23rd, 2020. You will notice many changes as we move forward and comply with QLD Health Department rules for Stage 3. Iceworld Skate School Registration and payment will be online and you will no longer need to complete the paper forms at the rink on the first day of term. You will receive a confirmation email once you submit and pay for your classes. There are also many COVID Safe rules that need to be adhered to whilst in the rink facilities. Please carefully read the below information regarding returning to the rink, so that you can make an informed decision on whether returning now is right for your family.
• Maximum of 100 people in the rink per session not including Staff and coaches.
• One chaperone per family is allowed in the rink to chaperone the child.
• Due to limitations on the number of people allowed in the rink, we ask that you remain outside if your child is capable of taking care of themselves. This will allow more skaters to enroll.
• Skaters should arrive dressed and ready to move onto the ice.
• Access to change rooms and toilets will be limited.
• Please bring your own water bottle as the water fountain will be turned off.
• The Coffee Shop will be open for takeaway ONLY.
• No Penguins will be allowed on the rink.
• On entry, you will be guided to the grandstand where you will need to remain for the whole lesson.
• Social distancing must be obeyed once you enter the premises.
• You will be guided out of the rink once the session is finished.
• The actual ice rink is classified as the ‘Field of Play’ and social distancing is allowed. Coaches will be on the ice and will be able to assist skaters where needed.
Please forward enquiries to the rinks:
Iceworld Boondall – firstname.lastname@example.org
Iceworld Acacia Ridge – email@example.com
Iceworld Skate School runs in conjunction with the Public School Terms. Classes are held on Monday nights, Thursday afternoons and Saturday mornings.
For children, 3 years or over all the way through to adults.
Ice Skating is taught in 1/2 hour group classes and skaters progress through the levels at their own pace. Competitions are usually held at the end of each term at an Iceworld™ ice skating rink and all Iceworld Skate School skaters are welcome to participate.
The registration process is to be completed online. Class numbers are limited. There is no Iceworld Skate School during Public School Holidays, however skaters are welcome to come along to the Public Sessions to practice their skills.
|Registration||Registration can be completed online.|
|Lessons (1 per week)||$78 for term 3 2020 *Note: cost varies depending on term length.|
|Additional Lessons||1 additional lesson per week is $78 per term|
Online Registration for Iceworld Skate School (Term 4) is now CLOSED! term 4 skate school will open in September should Covid-19 restriction enable the program to operate. updates will be published on the Iceworld website and social media.
Boondall Term 4 2020 Registration Form (opening September)
Acacia Ridge Term 4 2020 Registration Form (opening September)
Oops! We could not locate your form.